Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil Review
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
One of the most common reasons for giving your cat CBD oil is for stress and anxiety. You can easily mix a little CBD oil in cat food or treats to help calm your kitty down and settle her nerves.
Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil is specifically formulated to calm nerves, as well as ease stiffness and discomfort in pets. Their CBD oil is lab-tested, organically-farmed and the beef jerky flavor maybe a huge plus when it comes to dosing your pet.
“Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil is a quality, organic product that is a good tincture for cats who suffer from stress and anxiety issues, like mine. After a few days of use my cat was relaxed and not acting stressed. “
How We Tested:
- We purchased Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil to review
- We spent a week testing it on our cats
- We did not receive this product in exchange for a favorable review and purchased it with our own money
What To Look For In A CBD Oil?
When it comes to high quality CBD oil for cats, there are certain factors that are important in determining the safety and efficacy of the product.
- Organic – If the CBD oil is not organic, make sure it does not contain pesticides, fungicides, or solvents.
- Price – The higher the quality and purity, the higher the cost will be. If you choose a cheaper option it could have toxic substances such as pesticides, herbicides, or heavy metals in it. Make sure your CBD oil choice is free of additives.
- Certificate of analysis – The manufacturer should provide a certificate of analysis (COA) that tells you the amount of CBD that is in the product. Many CBD products contain only small amounts of CBD. Also look for oils that have their products tested by third-party labs to ensure they don’t contain harmful materials.
- Liquid – You can buy dog treats that contain CBD, but the most effective form to administer, is an oil or tincture. CBD oil in a bottle is considered the purest form and also makes it easier to adjust your cat’s dosage.
- Extraction process – Processes like superficial CO2 or cold-press extraction are considered the safest because they do not involve the use of harmful solvents.
- THC Levels – While all CBD from hemp should contain under .3% THC, it is recommend purchasing a product that contains zero detectable THC on the certificate of analysis (COA). Cats react differently to THC than humans, and even trace amounts of THC can have negative effects on small animals.
- Broad spectrum – When shopping for CBD oil for your cat, you may see “broad-spectrum CBD oil” or “CBD isolate”. Broad spectrum uses the many cannabinoids and terpenes found naturally in hemp, while CBD isolate contains only CBD. Experts believe the whole plant offers an “entourage effect” and your cat benefits from a more complete variety of the phytochemicals found in hemp.
About Mission Farms
Mission Farms CBD began when the founders were dealing with their own health challenges. After experiencing adverse effects from pharmaceutical drugs, the founders were introduced to CBD and realized that CBD oil helped improve their health without the side effects of the drugs they had previously tried.
One of those Mission Farms founders was a pioneer in farming hemp in the state of Oregon and he was doing it without chemicals or pesticides in the natural sunlight and volcanic soil of Central Oregon.
Sourcing And Manufacturing
Mission Farms believes in the philosophy of Farm-to-Family and owns and manages their farms, cultivating the highest quality hemp plants with their own hands.They provide full-spectrum CBD products direct without a middleman, so you get the highest quality at the best price.
They control the premium quality of every single plant and how it is raised, harvested, dried, and extracted. They never use pesticides, purchase hemp from the open market, outsource their product creation to other companies. Mission Farms prides themselves on the following:
- Organically farmed and non-GMO
- Grown in nutrient-rich, volcanic soil of Oregon State
- Soaked with the natural sunlight of our summer climate
- Fed daily by the waters of the Deschutes River
- Therapeutic-grade for the most medical benefits
- Pesticide-free, chemical-free, and all-natural
- Planted, tended, and harvested by hand
Mission Farms CBD sends all its products to a company called Pure CBD Labs for rigorous third-party testing. The results are for the customer to understand exactly what they will be ingesting, in terms of purity and safety.
Testing confirms that the product labels are accurate, and that no harmful chemicals or toxic substances are present in the CBD products.
Claims Of Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil
Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil has similar benefits for pets as it does for humans. Just like their owners, cats have an endocannabinoid system that utilizes CBD and other cannabinoids. CBD is safe for pets, just like it is safe for humans.
Many people use CBD oil to help their pets with discomfort and mobility. Others use CBD oil to calm their pet’s high-strung or fearful behavior.
Mission Farms Pet CBD oil is a Full-Spectrum CBD that is a powerful anti-inflammatory tincture that helps aging pets get that spring back in their step.
It also increases the availability of anandamide, which is the chemical the body naturally produces to create a discomfort-free feeling of bliss known as “the runner’s high.” CBD also connects with serotonin receptors, calming pets that are stressed by car rides, crowds, or being separated from you.
Analysis/Review Of Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil
Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil 600 MG
- Serving size: .25ml
- Servings per container: 120
- Full spectrum CBD: 5mg
- THC: Less than .3%
Ingredients: Organic MCT coconut oil, hemp extract, organic beef jerky flavor
Let’s take a look at the ingredients in the Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil.
- Coconut oil is considered a “good” fat and can provide several benefits, including being a source of fuel and energy. There can be side effects in some dogs, such as greasy stools or diarrhea.
- Hemp extract is specifically elicited from those parts of the hemp plant known to have high levels of cannabidiol, which provides all the anti-inflammatory and analgesic benefits.
- Beef jerky flavor just a flavoring with no nutritional value.
Dosing your cat can be a challenge and mine is no exception. It is recommended to start with the following dosing recommendations and gradually, increase the dose and frequency as needed.
Administer 2.5mg of CBD per 10 pounds of your pet’s weight if he is experiencing moderate discomfort or stressed behavior. You can double the dose for more severe discomfort or stressed behavior and repeat as needed. The effects of the CBD tend to last 4-6 hours.
Measurement Chart for 2.5mg per 10 Pounds of body weight:
|Small Pets||5 drops per 10 pounds|
|Large Pets||.25ml per 20 pounds|
For example, a dog that is 60 pounds would receive a .75ml dose using the graduated dropper while a 10 pound cat would receive 5 drops administered through the dropper.
Gently shake, then add the Pet CBD Oil to your pet’s food, a treat, or dispense into their mouth. Use the graduated dropper to measure out drops or milliliters, based on the recommended dosage.
My cat has been on CBD for a while now and he now sees the dropper and runs to hide. I usually wait for him to lay down to sleep, having the dose ready, and grab him by the head quickly and shoot it in. This works best for me and is over fast.
You can squirt the CBD Oil directly onto a plate, add it to their food, or mix it with a treat but regardless of the beef jerky flavoring, my cat refuses to lick it up. He will even refuse his foot if I mix it in.
How Much Does Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil Cost?
Mission Farms currently only carries one pet CBD oil. This is a 1 fl ounce bottle with 600mg of CBD. This bottle will cost you $59 and shipping is a flat rate of $5.
Is Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil A Good Choice?
Mission Farms Pet CBD Oil is a quality, organic product that is a good tincture for cats who suffer from stress and anxiety issues, like mine. After a few days of use my cat was relaxed and not acting stressed.
Mission Farms CBD Oil uses full-spectrum CBD oil, but they do not mention their extraction process. They do provide all certificates of analysis (COA) directly on their website and the Pet CBD Oil can be seen here.
Mission Farms CBD also offers a satisfaction guarantee. Customers get a period of 30 days to thoroughly test the product. During this period, if the customer is unhappy for any given reason, they are free to return the product for a refund.
*This article is for informational purposes only. It’s not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinary advice, diagnosis, or treatment.